UHV Quick Links

2011-2012 Catalog

Student Life & Services

Student Health Insurance

Commencement | Housing | Identification Cards | Personal Counseling | Student Handbook | Student Health Insurance | Student Organizations | Student Travel

A hospital, medical and surgical insurance plan is available to all university students at a nominal cost. Information on available insurance plans for domestic and international students can be obtained upon request by calling the Office of Student Activities & Services at 361-485-4995 or 1-800- 687-3738 or by visiting our website at http://www.macori.com/States/TX/UHVictoria.asp.  Brochures are also available in the Academic Support Offices at the UH System in Sugar Land and the UH System in Cinco Ranch for students attending those campuses.

At University of Houston-Victoria, students or exchange visitors who hold an F1 or J1 visa are required to have hospitalization, medical and surgical insurance which includes a repatriation and evacuation benefit. Cost for this insurance may be added to the fee bill each fall and spring term.  Students enrolled for the spring term are covered through the summer term.  A Health Insurance Waiver Request form is available on the Admissions Forms web page at http://www.uhv.edu/oar/forms.aspx for international students (F1/J1 visa holders only) who have the minimum required coverage through other sources.  Students who begin enrollment in a summer term may purchase a short-term policy for adequate coverage during this period of study before the fall term begins.

Student Health Services
An online HealthyLife Students’ Self-Care Guide is available under Resources at the Office of Student Activities & Services Web site at  http://www.uhv.edu/sas/.  Students can access information about common health problems and learn how to make informed choices about health related issues.