School of Nursing
Requirements for Undergraduate Admission (RN-BSN)
Applicants to the RN-BSN program must meet all requirements for undergraduate admission as outlined in the ADMISSIONS section of this catalog. International students must have a minimum score of 89 on the TOEFL. In order to be considered for admission a student must send the following credentials to the Office of Admissions:
- A completed application for undergraduate admission.
- An official transcript from EACH college or university attended, sent directly from each institution to UH-Victoria. (For timely and accurate processing, students should ensure that all official documents have been submitted prior to registration.)
- Applicants to the BSN program must have graduated from an accredited associate degree or diploma program. Applicants who have completed an international nursing diploma program that is not affiliated to a university may not satisfy the Associate Degree requirement for admission to the University of Houston-Victoria RN-BSN program due to the non-academic nature of this type of coursework. Please contact an International Student Advisor in the University of Houston-Victoria’s Office of Admissions.
- Applicants to the BSN program must provide evidence of an unencumbered, current RN Texas license.
- Applicants to the BSN program must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 and a GPA of 2.5 in natural and behavioral sciences is expected.
- Applicants to the BSN program must have completed all prerequisite course work prior to enrolling in the program.
- Applicants to the BSN program must satisfy School of Nursing Clinical Readiness Requirements as defined below:
a. Screening of immunization is required by the Texas Department of Health Texas Administration Code
Title 25 Part 1 Chapter 97 Subchapter B Rules 97.61-.97.72.
http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/immunize/forms/6-103.pdf. Failure to adhere to the guideline is a violation to
the Texas Administrative Code Title 25 Part 1 Chapter 97 Subchapter B Rules 97.61-.97.72.
b. If additional vaccines during vaccine-preventable disease outbreaks such as the flu vaccine are instituted
by the individual practicum sites or by the State of Texas, students will be required to comply.
c. All School of Nursing (SON) applicants will be required to submit evidence of compliance with each
of the UHV SON Clinical Requirements as listed in this policy prior to the program application
deadline in order to be considered for admission. The SON will not receive original documents.
d. In addition, all students will be responsible for original documents and maintaining compliance with the
UHV SON Clinical Requirements throughout the program. In the event that a student does not meet the
requirements at any time during the program, a course registration hold will be implemented until the
requirement is met.
e. Students will receive directions regarding accessing the secure data collection agency process via the
SON website as well as via written communications related to program inquiries, advisement, and