UHV Quick Links

2013-2014 Catalog

(Students already holding a bachelors degree)

Post-baccalaureate candidates must request a certification plan.

The application forms for a plan and the application for admittance into teacher education and a check-list can be located on the UHV School of Education and Human Development website at www.uhv.edu/edu .

Post-Baccalaureate Certification Plans

Post-baccalaureate candidates requiring this service must secure certification plans from the Educator Preparation Office in the School of Education and Human Development. A service charge of $25.00 is required for a candidate requested certification plan. The candidate is required to complete a clinical teaching experience. However, an internship is made available to candidates who secure a teaching position, in the area and at the level that they are seeking certification, in an accredited school.

Deficiency Plans and Internships
The School of Education and Human Development also offers teacher certification programs for those teachers-in-service who are teaching in accreditedschools. The school district where they are employed must request an official deficiency plan in writing. The candidate must serve an internship in lieu of clinical teaching. (To serve an internship, you must contact the Educator Preparation Office Office, complete all necessary paper work, and enroll in the appropriate courses.)

The basic requirements for securing a certificate in this manner are similar to those listed for undergraduate students. The candidates are permitted to substitute equivalent semester hours of a one-year Internship in a school accredited by the Texas Education Agency for the required six semester hours of clinical teaching.

The teaching areas available for post-baccalaureate candidates are identical to the specialization fields accessible to undergraduate candidates. A minimum of twelve semester hours must be completed at UH-Victoria as part of any certification or endorsement program. Course work that is ten years old or older must be approved by the Certification Officer. The candidate must be admitted to the Teacher Education Program. See the University of Houston-Victoria website at www.uhv.edu/edu for the application to the teacher education program along with a checklist and application for a certification program.

Teacher certification candidates must pass all UHV courses required for teacher certification with a ā€œCā€ or better. All teacher certification transactions and /or inquiries for UH-Victoria are made through the Educator Preparation Office in the School of Education and Human Development.

All candidates seeking certification are required to successfully complete all TExES Academy Program requirements.