School of Nursing
Degree Requirements for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N.)
Undergraduate Program Goals:
At the end of the undergraduate educational programs, the graduate will have had the opportunity to:
1. Synthesize knowledge from the biological sciences, social sciences, behavioral sciences, humanities and
nursing to provide appropriate culturally sensitive care to individuals, families and communities.
2. Demonstrate effective interpersonal communication, collaboration with other professionals, and leadership
and management skills.
3. Critically analyze and apply research finds to nursing practice related to disease prevention, health
promotion, illness care and restoration of health.
4. Utilize critical thinking skills to evaluate the outcomes of nursing care.
5. Serve as client advocates by providing health education and in monitoring and promoting access to cost-
6. Encourage lifelong learning and create a foundation for graduate study.
7. Integrate professional values and ethical, moral and legal aspects of nursing into practice in a variety of
structured and unstructured settings.