School of Arts and Sciences
University West, Suite 208
3007 N Ben Wilson, Victoria, Texas 77901
Phone: 361.570.4201 Fax: 361.570.4207
The School of Arts and Sciences seeks to provide high quality academic programs that serve the educational needs and offer lifelong learning opportunities primarily for those in the regions served by UH-Victoria and its off-campus sites. Research and service are also important parts of this school’s commitment to providing quality and excellence in education.
The School of Arts and Sciences offers a variety of bachelor’s and master’s degree programs designed to serve different student needs. These degree programs provide the knowledge and skills students need to enter the workforce, make career transitions, advance in their chosen fields, or continue on to graduate school. In addition, students who want simply to improve basic skills, explore new interests, or enrich their understanding of the background and values of their culture can select from numerous courses in the school to enhance their education.
The School of Arts and Sciences strives to meet these commitments and continuously improve its offerings by:
- Hiring and retaining highly qualified faculty who stay abreast in their field through research and professional development.
- Providing students with access to advisors who help them design programs of study to meet their individual needs and goals.
- Emphasizing the ethical values, conceptual knowledge, global and multicultural understanding, analytical skills, technical skills, and communication skills needed in the specific fields of study.
- Assessing and revising programs and course offerings to ensure quality and to keep current with and anticipate changes in workforce, educational, and social needs.
- Offering students hands-on learning opportunities such as internships, practica, laboratories, and class project collaborations with local organizations.
- Ensuring that educational opportunities in the community are available and accessible through a variety of efforts including distance learning, off-campus sites, and weekend course offerings.
- Participating in service and outreach activities that contribute to the educational enhancement of the students, school, university, system, the professions, and community served by UH-Victoria.