Career Services Manager – Amy Hatmaker
Amy Hatmaker is responsible for employee and community relations for Career Services. Her primary job responsibilities include:
- Working with local, regional, and national employers to build relationships focused on promoting student employment opportunities before and after graduation
- Providing Career Services presentations to community groups and attending local and regional events to promote the benefits of employment of both current and UHV alumni
- Encouraging community members (especially UHV alumni) to consider the benefits of giving back to the university in terms of sponsoring internships and sharing their professional knowledge with our students
Employer and community groups interested in working with UHV Career Services to post employment opportunities, attend job fairs, and recruit on campus should contact Amy via email or by phone at (361) 570-4378.
Career Services Coordinator - Amber Guerrero
Amber Guerrero is responsible for working with students in all stages of their career development. Her primary job responsibilities include:
- Coordinating career exploration events.
- Assisting students and alumni with job search.
- Conducting career assessments.
- Review of job search documents.
Contact Amber via email or by phone at (361)570-4369.
Career Services Student Assistants - Alex Brieske, Mykelti Ball
Alex and Mykelti are the Career Services Student Assistants. They can aid employers in posting positions as well as help most students with CareerLink profile development and provide job search assistance. They can be reached at 361-570-4385.
Employer Tips for Success
9 times out of 10, a job is won or lost in the first 2 minutes of an interview. Be organized, prepared and dress for your interview. Do your homework on the organization you are seeking a job with. Most importantly, never makeup an answer. If you don’t know the answer say…I may not know, but I know how to do the research and find out.
John R. O’Brien
Van Vleck ISD
Superintendent of Schools
Dates & Events
GBRA & Rep. Todd Hunter - Water Issues Meeting - 11/24/2014
SoEHD Fall Symposium - 11/24/2014
Primerica Meeting - 11/25/2014
Coffee With A Cop - 11/27/2014
The Giving Tree & Tree Trimming Event - 12/1/2014
Basic Accounting for the Non-Accountant - 12/3/2014
Coffee With A Cop - 12/4/2014