Career Services Manager – Amy Hatmaker
Amy Hatmaker is responsible for employee and community relations for Career Services. Her primary job responsibilities include:
- Working with local, regional, and national employers to build relationships focused on promoting student employment opportunities before and after graduation
- Providing Career Services presentations to community groups and attending local and regional events to promote the benefits of employment of both current and UHV alumni
- Encouraging community members (especially UHV alumni) to consider the benefits of giving back to the university in terms of sponsoring internships and sharing their professional knowledge with our students
Employer and community groups interested in working with UHV Career Services to post employment opportunities, attend job fairs, and recruit on campus should contact Amy via email or by phone at (361) 570-4378.
Career Services Coordinator - Amber Guerrero
Amber Guerrero is responsible for working with students in all stages of their career development. Her primary job responsibilities include:
- Coordinating career exploration events.
- Assisting students and alumni with job search.
- Conducting career assessments.
- Review of job search documents.
Contact Amber via email or by phone at (361)570-4369.
Career Services Student Assistants - Alex Brieske, Sharron Varghese
Alex and Sharron are student assistants and can aid most students with job search and document uploads as well as assist employers with posting jobs or event registration. You can reach Alex or Sharron at 361-570-4385.
Dates & Events
First Steps to Starting Your Own Business - 9/4/2014
UHV / American Book Review Reading Series - 9/4/2014
Volunteering Open House - 9/4/2014
Blood Drive - 9/10/2014
De Leon Symposium - 9/13/2014
Saturday Book Break - 9/13/2014
IRS to present business tax updates at UHV meeting - 08/28/2014
UHS student regent spends day at UHV - 08/22/2014