Attend Career Fairs and Events
UHV generally hosts or participates in several career fairs and other recruiting and networking events each year. Registration information, when applicable, can be found at https://myinterfase.com/uhv/employer/home.aspx
- Education Job Fair – Held every Fall and Spring at our main campus in Victoria and at our Cinco Ranch campus in Katy.
- UHV Career Fair – Held every Spring. This fair is intended to connect Junior, Senior, and Graduate students to employers offering internships or career-focused jobs.
- Texas Job Fair – Sponsored by the Houston Area Consortium of Career Centers; comprised of 15 university members including UHV. The Texas Job Fair is offered every spring. For more information and details www.haccc.org.
- Part-Time Job Fair - Held every year in the fall, this fair is hosted on our main campus in Victoria.
- Ask the Experts - Panel Discussion and Networking Event - Hosted every fall semester at both the Victoria home campus and one of the Ft. Bend campuses, this event allows job and internship seekers to meet with hiring employers and hear from them tips on resumes, interviewing, and making an impression. Enrollment is limited to allow more interaction than a traditional career event.
Questions? Contact Amy Hatmaker, Career Services Manager, by email or by phone at 361-570-4378 or 1-877-970-4848 ext. 4378
Event sponsorships are available for most UHV Career Services events. Event sponsors will be guaranteed a spot at the event as well as have their contribution acknowledged in all marketing material for the event. If you would like more information on event sponsorship, contact Amy Hatmaker at 361-570-4378 or at HatmakerA@uhv.edu.
Employer Tips for Success
9 times out of 10, a job is won or lost in the first 2 minutes of an interview. Be organized, prepared and dress for your interview. Do your homework on the organization you are seeking a job with. Most importantly, never makeup an answer. If you don’t know the answer say…I may not know, but I know how to do the research and find out.
John R. O’Brien
Van Vleck ISD
Superintendent of Schools
Dates & Events
GBRA & Rep. Todd Hunter - Water Issues Meeting - 11/24/2014
SoEHD Fall Symposium - 11/24/2014
Primerica Meeting - 11/25/2014
Coffee With A Cop - 11/27/2014
The Giving Tree & Tree Trimming Event - 12/1/2014
Basic Accounting for the Non-Accountant - 12/3/2014
Coffee With A Cop - 12/4/2014