Attend Career Fairs and Events
UHV generally hosts or participates in several career fairs and other recruiting and networking events each year. Registration information, when applicable, can be found at https://myinterfase.com/uhv/employer/home.aspx
- Education Job Fair – Held every Fall and Spring at our main campus in Victoria and at our Cinco Ranch campus in Katy.
- UHV Career Fair – Held every Spring. This fair is intended to connect Junior, Senior, and Graduate students to employers offering internships or career-focused jobs.
- Texas Job Fair – Sponsored by the Houston Area Consortium of Career Centers; comprised of 15 university members including UHV. The Texas Job Fair is offered every spring. For more information and details www.haccc.org.
- Part-Time Job Fair - Held every year in the fall, this fair is hosted on our main campus in Victoria.
- Ask the Experts - Panel Discussion and Networking Event - Hosted every fall semester at both the Victoria home campus and one of the Ft. Bend campuses, this event allows job and internship seekers to meet with hiring employers and hear from them tips on resumes, interviewing, and making an impression. Enrollment is limited to allow more interaction than a traditional career event.
Questions? Contact Amy Hatmaker, Career Services Manager, by email or by phone at 361-570-4378 or 1-877-970-4848 ext. 4378
Event sponsorships are available for most UHV Career Services events. Event sponsors will be guaranteed a spot at the event as well as have their contribution acknowledged in all marketing material for the event. If you would like more information on event sponsorship, contact Amy Hatmaker at 361-570-4378 or at HatmakerA@uhv.edu.
Employer Tips for Success
Candidates should remember to steer clear of hypothetical answers and should mold their answer around real life professional or scholarly examples from their past. Employers want to know your track record more so than how you hope or think you would respond in a situation.
Also, be sure to ask questions. Ask about safety programs or how the position came to be open, and share what it is that you already know about the company. Let your questions show that you have done your homework about the company and that you are being selective about the position you are considering. If you want the position, tell them and let them know why. Few candidates think to do this but it goes a long way. Employers are half concerned with whether or not you are what they are looking for, and equally concerned with whether or not the company fits what the candidate is looking for.
Human Resource Representative
Cintas Corporation #539 & #83
Dates & Events
Victoria Chamber of Commerce "Texas Good Roads" - 10/31/2014
Women's Soccer @ University of the Southwest - 11/1/2014
Men's Soccer @ University of the Southwest - 11/1/2014
Scholastic Book Fair - 11/3/2014
First Steps to Starting Your Own Business - 11/5/2014
Fall 2014 Coffee with the Dean - 11/5/2014
UHV / American Book Review Reading Series - 11/6/2014