Business owners will learn more about how to market their companies to the public during a free seminar offered by the University of Houston-Victoria Small Business Development Center.
“Marketing 101: Consistency in Advertising” will take place from 10 a.m. to noon Tuesday in Room 105 of the UHV University West building, 3007 N. Ben Wilson St.
“This free seminar will be helpful for both new entrepreneurs who are unsure how to market their businesses and seasoned professionals who just need a refresher on creating a marketing plan or the different types of marketing,” UHV SBDC Director Joe Harper said.
Marketing is the planning and implementation of a variety of activities with the ultimate goal of selling goods and services, he said. Advertising, market research, public relations and sales strategies are some of the components of marketing.
The seminar will cover the following topics:
- The often-misunderstood differences between marketing and advertising.
- The concept of the marketing plan.
- A deeper discussion of product definition.
- A review of the various types of marketing.
- Targeted marketing vs. mass marketing.
- Real-world examples and case studies: the good, the bad and the ugly in advertising.
- Specific information business owners can use on a daily basis to help market their businesses.
Those interested in attending should RSVP by calling UHV SBDC training coordinator Jean Jurica or secretary Cindy Ozuna at 361-575-8944 or toll free at 1-877-895-7232. For more information about the SBDC, go to www.uhv.edu/sbdc.