A search committee chaired by Dr. William A. Staples, president of UH-Clear Lake, has identified five finalists for the position of president of the University of Houston-Victoria.
All five will visit the Victoria campus and the UH System at Sugar Land to participate in open forums that will provide an opportunity to introduce the candidates to the communities. The forums in Victoria, all of which will take place from 2 to 3 p.m., will be open to the media, as will the forums in Sugar Land.
The five finalists and dates of open forums are:
- April 19: William Fannin, provost and vice president for academic affairs, University of Texas of the Permian Basin
- April 21: William Nunez, chancellor and professor of biology, Louisiana State University at Eunice
- April 26: Philip Castille – special assistant to the chancellor, University of Hawaii at Hilo
- April 29: Ray Wallace – provost and senior vice chancellor, University of Arkansas-Fort Smith
- May 4: Earl Yarbrough – president, Savannah State University
Vitas and dates of campus visits for each of the candidates are available here for your convenience: http://www.uhv.edu/president/candidates.aspx
The 12-member search committee is expected to make a recommendation to UH System Chancellor Renu Khator in early May. A final decision is expected by early summer so the new president, who will succeed Interim President Don Smith, can begin his tenure by the start of the fall semester.