Campus Safety Manual
Safety, Health, and Risk Management
Goals and Objectives
Safety and Health Goal:
Provide a safety program designed to promote, create and maintain a safe and secure university environment for students, faculty, staff, and visitors by complying with applicable safety, health and environmental federal and state rules and regulations.
Safety and Health Objectives:
- Conduct quarterly Safety & Risk Management Advisory Committee meetings with a representative cross-section of department employees, management and the Student Senate President. Distribute minutes to all faculty, staff, and students;
- Offer a minimum of four (4) annual safety and health related training courses addressing employee and student safety and health;
- Conduct building emergency evacuation or fire drill in at least one university owned, managed, or leased facility annually. Conduct annual evacuation and fire drills in student residential housing;
- Create safety training courses primarily to help ensure the safety and security of employees and students. The training should meet regulatory requirements and help ensure departmental compliance.
Risk Management Goal:
Continue improvement of the university Risk Management program while maintaining compliance with University of Houston System policy, University of Houston-Victoria administrative policy, and State Office of Risk Management directives and guidelines.
Risk Management Objectives:
- Conduct an annual life safety inspection of university owned, managed, and leased facilities. Conduct annual life safety and fire safety inspections of residential housing;
- Annually, offer a minimum of one risk management related training course addressing the safekeeping of university assets and property;
- Create safety training courses to help minimize the potential hazards and risk for the university environment. The training should meet regulatory requirements and help ensure departmental compliance.
First Steps to Starting Your Own Business - 9/4/2014
UHV / American Book Review Reading Series - 9/4/2014
Volunteering Open House - 9/4/2014
Blood Drive - 9/10/2014
De Leon Symposium - 9/13/2014
Saturday Book Break - 9/13/2014
IRS to present business tax updates at UHV meeting - 08/28/2014
UHS student regent spends day at UHV - 08/22/2014