Campus Safety Manual
Safety, Health, and Risk Management
Goals and Objectives
Safety and Health Goal:
Provide a safety program designed to promote, create and maintain a safe and secure university environment for students, faculty, staff, and visitors by complying with applicable safety, health and environmental federal and state rules and regulations.
Safety and Health Objectives:
- Conduct quarterly Safety & Risk Management Advisory Committee meetings with a representative cross-section of department employees, management and the Student Senate President. Distribute minutes to all faculty, staff, and students;
- Offer a minimum of four (4) annual safety and health related training courses addressing employee and student safety and health;
- Conduct building emergency evacuation or fire drill in at least one university owned, managed, or leased facility annually. Conduct annual evacuation and fire drills in student residential housing;
- Create safety training courses primarily to help ensure the safety and security of employees and students. The training should meet regulatory requirements and help ensure departmental compliance.
Risk Management Goal:
Continue improvement of the university Risk Management program while maintaining compliance with University of Houston System policy, University of Houston-Victoria administrative policy, and State Office of Risk Management directives and guidelines.
Risk Management Objectives:
- Conduct an annual life safety inspection of university owned, managed, and leased facilities. Conduct annual life safety and fire safety inspections of residential housing;
- Annually, offer a minimum of one risk management related training course addressing the safekeeping of university assets and property;
- Create safety training courses to help minimize the potential hazards and risk for the university environment. The training should meet regulatory requirements and help ensure departmental compliance.
Payment Deadline at 11:59 PM for 8W2 - 10/26/2014
60th Percentage Point - Fall Regular Term - 10/27/2014
Census Day 8W2 - 10/27/2014
Students Dropped for Non-Payment for Spring 8W2 - 10/27/2014
Living and Learning Community of Readers - 10/27/2014