Skip to Main Content

Business Services

Campus Safety Manual

Occupational Safety
Contractor Vendor Requirements

  1. Contractors performing work on campus (i.e. skilled trades, electricians, carpenters, plumbers, telecommunications, carpet installers, etc.) should check in with the Facilities Services office, 3402 N. Ben Wilson (directly across from the University) prior to starting work.
  2. Contractor's whose employees do not wear company uniforms will be required to wear a visitor's badge provided at check-in by the University showing the name of the company and the employee.
  3. Contractors who will be performing work on UHV property are required to comply with federal and state health and safety regulations as well as requirements of the campus safety office, the specific department coordinating the work and any specification requirements that may have been a part of the purchase order or contract agreement awarding the work.

Contractors are required to meet State of Texas minimum statutory requirements for Worker's Compensation coverage for employees. Other insurance may be required. Certificate of Insurance must be on file prior to starting work for jobs awarded by purchase order or contract agreement.

Safety Manual: Table of Contents