Business Services Recovery Team
(includes Campus Safety Operations)
Team Leader: Director of Business Services
Alternate: Safety & Risk Manager
- Purchasing Manager implements emergency purchasing strategies including:
- authorizing the use of manual and verbal purchase orders
- increasing delegated departmental purchasing limits
- Vice President for Administration and Finance or Director of Business Services approval required
- implementation of emergency purchase procedures to expedite immediate recovery needs.
- Business Services ProCard Administrator authorizes increased Procurement Card limits for key employee’s emergency purchases and increase total authorized university limits. (current monthly usage is $75,000, institutional credit limit is $800,000)
- Business Services Coordinator will determine the extent of damage to the University’s off-site hard copy records located at The Back Office, 1211 N. Laurent Street, Victoria, Texas.
- Business Services Coordinator will coordinate Mail Services with the U.S. Postal Service to pickup and distribute mail to the extent possible.
- Bursar will notify Higher One of any activities affecting Higher One processes (ex. ATM, file transfer interruptions, etc.)
- Safety & Risk Manager will arrange for additional security as required. Contact UHDPS Security Officer Supervisor, UHDPS Parking Enforcement & Security Manager,, UHDPS Police Department, Victoria Police Department, Victoria County Sheriff’ Office, Victoria College Department of Police and Campus Security or a commercial security provider for necessary services.
- Safety & Risk Manager will establish contact with local authorities having jurisdiction and/or involvement in the event (Victoria Office of Emergency Management, Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC), Victoria Fire Department, etc).
- Safety & Risk Manager is liaison with regulatory agencies (e.g., FEMA, EPA, Health Department, etc.).
- Safety & Risk Manager is the Campus Risk Management Liaison with University of Houston Environmental Health and Risk Management to report insurance claims and related investigations and damage assessments.