Academic Center Recovery Team
Team Leader: Manager of Academic Center
Alternate: Coordinator of Academic Center
Recovery goals: Restore, coordinate, and deliver tutoring and testing academic services to students and faculty on all three campuses.
- Maintain communication with ERT and administration.
- Evaluate operational damage to department and report to ERT.
- Communicate with faculty and students about tutoring and testing availability via the Academic Center website, telephone, and email.
- Ensure tutoring staff are available and kept updated.
- Coordinate all tutoring services online, including provision of services and tracking of sessions (on database or on paper logs) until such time as the university resumes full services when onsite tutoring can be restored.
- Contact Educational Testing Services about TExES administration or Subject GRE and other affected testing companies should the emergency interfere with regular administration of exams.
- Coordinate with Information Technology to acquire computers for testing on campus (3 with network access) and tutoring (2 with Internet and network access) and a network printer.
- Restore onsite testing in Victoria.
- Maintain computer and/or paper logs for testing sessions.
- Contact Director of Marketing and Communications to provide press releases to media about cancellations of state-mandated exams (TExES, Quick THEA and Subject GRE and others) and about availability oftesting and tutoring at locations on Sugar Land, Cinco Ranch, and Victoria campuses.