Appendix C-27: Research Administration Risk Analysis Profile
Revised: June 6, 2012
Functions: Oversight responsibility for:
- research and sponsored program activity;
- responsible for all fiscal aspects of sponsored programs i.e. administration, planning, budgeting and expenditures.
- communications and interactions with the awarding agencies; federal, state, and private.
- Communications is the critical consideration for this office to be able to direct and coordinate activities in the event of an emergency.
- Ability to approve, sign off on requisite paperwork affecting purchases, salaries, etc.
- By the end of a week some provision needs to be made for resuming program delivery. Communication with principal investigator(s) and awarding agencies is critical for program continuation.
Less Important Tasks:
- All others
Minimal emergency personnel:
- Research Administrator
Minimal emergency equipment and supplies
- Computer, UHV network availability, telephone and E-mail access, if possible.
- A shut down of more than two weeks may impede award obligations and terminate funding.