Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I apply for scholarships? You will apply for the regular UHV scholarship by completing the e-form here:
or go to www.uhv.edu > e-forms and log on using your UHV ID number and UHV email (or Blackboard) password. The scholarship for the program fee will be handled through
the School of Business Administration Wu-Feng Center for International Business Education.
- Which Strategic MBA program course does this count as? This course counts as one of the four concentration courses and will count towards any concentration (not only
management and general business).
- Which BBA course will this course count for on my degree plan? This course counts either as a business broadening course or to your concentration where one course outside
your major is permitted.
- When do we know whether we have been accepted to the program? If you are a current student, eligible to enroll this summer, you will be accepted once your application has been
received and your $100 deposit paid.
- How does financial aid work and how is it different than the scholarship awarded? The financial aid office will determine your eligibility for financial aid and package your award
for you to review and accept through your MyUHV account.
- Does the program fee include the airfare? No, the airfare is in addition to the program fee. Airfares for direct flights from Houston to Beijing return are currently listed as $2,050.
- What is included in the program fee? The program fee covers all accommodation in China as well as travel in China, excursions and many meals.
- How much is the visa? The visa fee is $140 although that doesn't have to be paid until around June.
- Do I still have to pay UHV tuition? Yes, UHV tuition is also charged and the payment date for tuition is May 29th.
- When does all of this have to be paid? Here are the payment deadlines:
- Deposit $100. Pay this within 7 days of applying (This is a down payment towards the program fee)
- Airfare: approx. $2,000 – pay this when making your flight reservation by March 1st to ensure best flight prices
- Visa fee: $140 – pay this in June when applying for Chinese visa
- ISIC student card: $27 – pay this in June when applying for student id card and insurance
- UHV tuition and fees – pay this through your MyUHV account by May 29th
- $900 Program fee – pay this through your MyUHV account by May 29th