Welcome to the BBA conference!
Congratulations on arriving at your BBA capstone course. Over the last few semesters you have assembled an impressive array of business tools. As a result of your participation in the BBA conference, you will demonstrate that you can apply classroom learning to a real-world situation, and you will emerge from the experience with the confidence to apply your degree outside the academy.
You will develop a case analysis using the tools, theories, and ideas presented throughout your program. You will present your analysis using a formal written document and an oral presentation to a panel of faculty and alumni.
View the project format
- You need to decide how many slides you require to give the best possible presentation. You need to think about how to make the best use of your own skills, particularly in oral communication.
- Please remember that you should never put a complete sentence in your slides, and you should never read your slides. Slides are visual aids. You should not spend too much time covering basic company information. Instead, you should focus on your analysis and conclusions to pave the way for your SWOT and recommendations. Logical flow is very important. You should have slides for some significant content, such as general environmental analysis, driving forces, competitive forces, strategic group map, critical success factors, organizational analysis, financial analysis, SWOT analysis, value chain, at least 2 recommendations, and a conclusion. Panelists will expect connectivity between the financial analysis and the recommendations.
- Professionalism is also significant. You should dress professionally, maintain eye contact, and speak clearly and confidently. You should also be comfortable enough with your presentation for your progress through the slides to occur naturally. This might be your last chance to practice your presentations skills before you're compelled to rely on them in real-world situations.
- You must rehearse at least twice to adequately prepare for your presentation.
- You should be able to access the presentation at least 2 ways (i.e. from your portable drive, email, etc). In past semesters, we have had students who have shown up with their presentation saved on their flash drive, only to discover that the computer would not read it, and they had to recreate the presentation hastily to still be able to present in their scheduled timeslot.
- You must prepare at least 4 copies of note-form handouts for the judges. There will not be a printer available in the building, so please come with the copies already printed.