Associate Professor of Quantitative Management Science
Brazos Hall 337 (Sugar Land)
Dr. Luh Yu (Louie) Ren received his PhD in 1986 from the Department of Information System and Quantitative Science in the College of Business Administration at Texas Tech University with a major in Business Statistics and minors in Probability Theory and Operations Management. His dissertation focused on nonparametric statistics of applying ranks to the study of Multivariate Analysis of Variance Analysis (MANOVA).
Dr. Ren is currently an associate professor in quantitative management science in the Department of Accounting, Economics, Finance, and Quantitative Management Science in the School of Business at the University of Houston-Victoria. Prior to joining the faculty in the School of Business at UHV, Dr. Ren taught in the College of Business Administration, Department of Management and Marketing, at Arkansas State University in Jonesboro.
Dr. Ren's primary research interest is in business forecasting, inventory management, and statistical quality control. His recent research is in the study of various accuracy measurements on forecasting errors, and the Estimation Theory with its applications. His research papers have been published in various referee journals such as the International Advanced Economic Research, International Journal of Business, Accounting and Finance, Journal of Global Business Development, Journal of American Academy of Business, and International Business and Economics Journal.
Dr. Ren is currently affiliated with the Decision Science Institute, an internationally recognized organization involved in the application of quantitative and behavioral methods.
- Ph.D. - Texas Tech University, Information System and Quantitative Science, 1986
- M.A. - State University of New York at Buffalo, Statistics, 1982
- M.S. - National Central University, Mathematics, 1978
- B.S. - National Central University, Mathematics, 1974
Courses Taught at UHV
- BUSI 3303 - Business Statistics
- MGMT 3306 - Operations & Supply Chain Management
- QMSC 6351 - Statistics and Research Methods
- Ren, Louie Luh-Yu Glasure, Yong, Ren, Peter, (2014). Forecast Accuracy Measures: Results from Simple Moving Average Methods on Independent Normal Time Series International Journal of Statistics and Economics
- Lee, Jun-Yeon, Ren, Louie, (2011). Vendor-managed inventory in a global environment International Journal Of Production Economics
- Ren, Louie Luh-Yu Ren, Peter, (2010). The effect of initial forecast values on MAD and RMAPE from SES method for Normal and some population non-normal independent time series International Journal of Business, Accounting, and Finance
- Ren, Louie Luh-Yu (2010). The Robustness of the Basic EOQ International Business and Economics Research Journal
- Ren, Louie, Glasure, Yong, (2009). Applicability of the Revised Mean Absolute Percentage Errors (MAPE) Approach to Some Popular Normal and Non-normal Independent Time Series International Advances In Economic Research
- Ren, Louie Luh-Yu Ren, Peter, (2009). Revised Mean Absolute Percentage Errors (MAPE) on Errors from Simple Exponential Smoothing Methods for Independent Normal Time Series Journal of Global Business Development (JGBD)
- Ren, Louie, Glasure, Yong U (2009). Revised Mean Absolute Percentage Errors (MAPE) on Errors from Simple Exponential Smoothing Methods for Some Popular Non-Normal Independent Time Series Journal of American Academy of Business, Cambridge
- Ren, Luh Yu (2007). Revised Mean Absolute Percentage Errors (MAPE) for Independeant Normal Time Series Journal of American Academy of Business, Cambridge
Honors and Achievements
- 2003: Best Paper Award - Applied Business Research Conference