Professor of Marketing
Brazos Hall 322 (Sugar Land)
Dr. Linda A. Hayes is Associate Professor at the University of Houston-Victoria School of Business Administration. She received a BS in Mechanical Engineering at Clarkson University, an MBA at University of Houston, and a PhD from the University of California at Berkeley. Dr. Hayes has 15 years of industry experience in the area of international management, where she gained expertise in project management, implementation and control.
Her research interests include strategy, assurance of learning, and perceptions, judgment and choice. Recently, she has published in the Journal of Business Ethics, Journal of International Marketing, Journal of Management Development,International Journal of Management and Enterprise Development, and International Journal of Innovation and Learning.
Dr. Hayes teaches at both the graduate and undergraduate level in the areas of Strategic Marketing Management, Business-to-Business Marketing, Services Marketing, and Business & Society. She relates her research to teaching in multiple areas such as global market strategies, trust, ethical stewardship, and program assessment.
In addition to her teaching and research, Dr. Hayes serves as the School's Director of Program Assessment and has presented the School's assessment results at the 2007 Graduate Program Conference of AACSB, the premier accrediting organization for business schools. Dr. Hayes also serves as Director of Online Services and leads the School's Online Support Group in their efforts to assist faculty and students with online courses and programs.
Dr. Hayes received a Bradley Foundation Fellowship at Berkeley, was an American Marketing Association Doctoral Consortium Fellow, and was a NASA Summer Faculty Fellow. She received several research grants at University of Houston and is a member of Beta Gamma Sigma Honorary and Pi Tau Sigma Honorary.
- Ph.D. - University of California at Berkeley, Marketing, 1991
- M.B.A. - University of Houston, 1988
- B.S. - Clarkson University, Mechanical Engineering
Courses Taught at UHV
- BUSI 6351 - Business and Society
- MKTG 3303 - Principles of Marketing
- MKTG 4315 - Business-to-Business Marketing
- MKTG 4317 - Services Marketing
- MKTG 6352 - Strategic Marketing Management
- MKTG 6373 - Seminar in Business to Business Marketing
- MKTG 6374 - Seminar in Services Marketing
- Hayes, Linda A. Caldwell, Cam, Licona, Bryan, Meyer, Thomas E. (2015). Followship Behaviors and Barriers to Wealth Creation Journal Of Management Development
- Metghalchi, Massoud, Kagochi, John, Hayes, Linda, (2014). Contrarian Technical Trading Rules: Evidence From Nairobi Stock Index Journal Of Applied Business Research
- Metghalchi, Massoud, Hajilee, Massomeh, Hayes, Linda, (2013). Market Efficiency and Profitability of Technical Trading Rules: Evidence from Vietnam The Journal of Prediction Markets
- Lu, June, Wang, Lu-Zhuang, Hayes, Linda, (2012). How do technology readiness, platform functionality and trust influence C2C user satisfaction? Journal of Electronic Commerce Research
- Linda, Hayes, Lu, June, (2010). Assessing online student performance in an MBA program with AACSB assurance of learning guidelines International Journal of Education Research
- Wang, Jifu, Hayes, Linda A. Salazar, Ronald J. (2010). In Search of Global Market Leadership: Investigation of Organizational Transformative Change International Journal of Management and Enterprise Development
- Caldwell, Cam, Hayes, Linda A. Long, Do Tien, (2010). Leadership, Trustworthiness and Ethical Stewardship Journal Of Business Ethics
- Lu, June, Hayes, Linda A. Yu, Chun-Sheng, (2009). Improving MIS Education in an Online Learning Environment Through Course-Embedded Measurement International Journal of Innovation and Learning
- Caldwell, C., Hayes, L. A. Karri, R., Bernal, P., (2008). Ethical Stewardship: Implications for Leadership and Trust Journal Of Business Ethics
- Hayes, Linda A. Wang, J., Zhao, J., Yu, P., (2008). Growth and Development Strategies for MNC Subsidiaries in China International Journal of Accounting Information Science & Leadership
- Caldwell, Cam, Hayes, Linda A. (2007). Leadership, Trustworthiness, and the Mediating Lens Journal Of Management Development
Honors and Achievements
- 2005: Faculty Grants - University of Houston
- 1996: Summer Faculty Fellowship - National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- 1992: Research Initiation Grant - University of Houston
- 1990: Bradley Foundation Fellowship - University of California, Berkley