Assistant Professor of Management
Brazos Hall 308 (Sugar Land)
Dr. Shengsheng Huang "Charlie" is an Assistant Professor of Management at University of Houston-Victoria. He received his PhD from Rutgers University in International Business and Strategic Management. He has taught courses such as Business Policy & Strategy and International Business at Rutgers Business School-Newark and New Brunswick since 2009.
Dr. Huang's current research interests include location strategy of multinational corporations (MNCs), technological diffusion between the MNC and indigenous firms, and knowledge transfer within and across MNC network. He is also interested in Chinese-related phenomena such as guaxi, China automobile industry, and China outward FDI.
Dr. Huang is a current member of the Academy of Management, Academy of International Business, and the International Association of Chinese Management Research. He has also served as a conference organizer and reviewer. Prior to his graduate studies, his work experience includes many years as a copywriter, planning director, and consultant for firms with different ownerships and industries in China and the USA.
Courses Taught at UHV
- BUSI 6351 - Business and Society
- MGMT 3303 - Principles of Management
- MGMT 4308 - Strategy and the Business Environment
- MGMT 4309 - Strategic Management
- MGMT 4315 - Contemporary Issues in Management
- MGMT 4316 - International Management
- MGMT 4322 - Strategy and the Business Environment
- MGMT 6371 - Contemporary Management Issues
- MGMT 6377 - International Management
- Jiang, Guohua, Zhang, Feng, Huang, Shengsheng, (2014). The determinants of business start-up activities across different countries: A systematic approach Business & Management Quarterly Review
- Cloninger, Peggy A. Selvarajan, T.T. (Rajan), Singh, Barjinder, Huang, S., (2014). The Mediating Influence of Work Family Conflict and the Moderating Influence of Gender on Employee Outcomes International Journal Of Human Resource Management
- Chen, Chao C, Chen, Xiao-Ping, Huang, Shengsheng, (2013). Chinese Guanxi: An integrative review and new directions for future research Management and Organization Review
- Solansky, Stephanie, Singh, Barjinder, Huang, Shengsheng, (2013). Individual Perceptions of Task Conflict and Relationship Conflict Negotiation and Conflict Management Research
- Huang, Shengsheng, Cantwell, John, (2011). Does technological base matter in location choice of assets-exploiting FDI? Journal of Strategy and Decision-Making