Associate Professor & 2013 Partnership Professor of Marketing
Brazos Hall 332 (Sugar Land)
Dr. Jun Yang received her PhD in Marketing from Syracuse University. She also received a Master's in Statistics from Syracuse University and a Master's in Economics from Hong Kong University of Science and Technology. She has taught courses in the areas of marketing management, marketing research, global marketing and internet marketing at Syracuse University, The University of Mississippi, and UHV. She was a recipient of the School of Management Doctoral Student Outstanding Teaching Award while at Syracuse University. Prior to joining the UHV School of Business faculty in the fall of 2009, she held the position of Assistant Professor of Marketing at the University of Mississippi and also served as a dissertation committee member for PhD students.
Dr. Yang's current research interests include e-marketing, network effects, new product diffusion, online social networking, and pharmaceutical marketing. Her research articles have been published in several academic journals including the Journal of Business Research,Journal of the National Medical Association, and others. Additionally, she has presented her research at numerous international conferences, and her work has appeared in additional conference proceedings including the American Marketing Association Educator's Conference, Marketing Science Annual meetings, INFORMS annual meetings, and the Decision Science Annual Conference.
Additionally, Dr. Yang has served as a reviewer for several premier conferences. She also served as the co-chair for a special session, titled Marking and Operations Interface in Supply Chains for the Decision Science Annual Conference (DSI) in 2007.
Recently, Dr. Yang served as a marketing consultant for the Victoria Bach Festival. She currently holds professional memberships in the American Marketing Association, INFORMS, and the Decision Sciences Institute.
- Ph.D. - Syracuse University, Marketing, 2005
- M.S. - Syracuse University, Applied Statistics, 2005
- M. Phil. - Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Economics, 2000
- B. Sc. - Fudan University, Business, 1998
Courses Taught at UHV
- MGMT 6378 - Seminar in E-Commerce
- MKTG 3303 - Principles of Marketing
- MKTG 4313 - Marketing Research
- MKTG 4316 - Electronic Marketing
- MKTG 6352 - Strategic Marketing Management
- MKTG 6372 - Marketing Research
- MKTG 6378 - Seminar in E-Marketing
- Lu, Jun, Yang, Jun, Yu, Chunsheng, (2013). Is Social Capital Effective for Online Learning? Information & Management
- Yang, Jun, Mai, Shirley, Ben-Ur, Joseph, (2012). Did you tell me the truth? The influence of online community on eWOM International Journal of Market Research (formerly Journal of the Market Research)
- Endo, Seiji, Yang, Jun, Park, Junkun, (2012). The Investigation on Dimensions of E-Satisfaction for Online Shoes Retailing Journal Of Retailing And Consumer Services
- Simmons, Lakisha, Conlon, Sumali, Mukhopadhyay, Surma, Yang, Jun, (2011). A Computer Aided Content Analysis of Online Review Journal Of Computer Information Systems
- Mai, Enping, Yang, Jun, Chen, Haozhe, (2011). Primary product network size on complementary product sales: Moderating effects of customer characteristics International Journal Of Retail & Distribution Management
- Yang, Yi, Gourley, D.R., Gourley, G.A., Faris, R.J., Yang, Jun, (2010). African American Patients' Attitudes toward Proactive Health Behaviors after Exposure to Direct-to-consumer Advertising Journal of the National Medical Association
- Yang, Jun, Mai, Enping, (2010). Experiential goods with network externalities effects: An empirical study of online rating system Journal Of Business Research
- Yang, Jun, (2010). Modeling the diffusion process with Indirect Network Externalities Journal of Information Systems Technology and Planning
- Yang, Jun, (2010). Third Party Distributor in the Hotel Industry: An Analytical Study of Their Contract Design International Journal of Intercultural Information management