Assistant Professor of Accounting
Brazos Hall 309 (Sugar Land)
Dr. Xiaobo Dong recently graduated from Arizona State University with a PhD in Accounting. She joined the University of Houston-Victoria as an Assistant Professor of Accounting in 2011. Dr. Dong has also earned a Master's degree in Economics from State University of New York (Albany), and a Bachelor's degree in Accounting from Peking University.
Dr. Dong's research focus is on financial intermediaries, especially financial statement analyst forecast, management forecast, and equity valuation. Her paper on the implication of leasing on equity value was published in Accounting Horizons. Her teaching interests are in intermediate and advanced-level financial accounting courses and managerial accounting. She is professionally and academically affiliated with the American Accounting Association and the American Finance Association.
In her spare time, Dr. Dong enjoys reading, watching movies, and playing Chinese musical instruments.
- Assistant Professor, University of Houston at Victoria (2011 - 2013)
- Research Assistant, Arizona State University (2006 - 2011)
- Research Assistant, University of Albany (2004 - 2006)
Courses Taught at UHV
- ACCT 3303 - Financial Statement Analysis
- ACCT 3313 - Intermediate Accounting II
- ACCT 4331 - Advanced Accounting
- ACCT 6351 - Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Chiang, Wei-Chih 'Danny', Kalelkar, Rachana, Dong, Xiaobo, (2014). A New Deal for Innocent Spouse Relief Journal Of Accountancy
- Dong, Xiaobo, Lin, Kuan-Chen, Kuang, Yingxu, (2014). Are inter-segment revenues informative about future performance? Advances In Accounting
- Chiang, Danny, Kalelkar, Rachana, Dong, Xiaobo, (2014). New Rules for Innocent Spouse Equitable Relief Journal Of Accountancy
- Garza Gomez, Xavier, Dong, Xiaobo, Yang, Ziyun, (2014). Unusual Patterns in Reported Segment Earnings of U.S. Firms Journal of Applied Accounting Research
- Dong, Xiaobo, Lin, Kuan-Chen, Graham, Rodger, (2014). Why Do Analysts Issue Forecast Revisions Inconsistent with Prior Stock Returns? Determinants and Consequences Accounting and Finance
- Chiang, Danny, Dong, Xiaobo, Kalelkar, Rachana, (2013). Valuation of Hotels and Motels for Property Tax Purposes Valuation Strategies
- Boatsman, James, Dong, Xiaobo, (2011). Equity Value Implication of Operating Lease Accounting Horizons