Assistant Professor of Accounting
Brazos Hall 312 (Sugar Land)
Dr. Yingxu Kuang earned her DBA in accounting from Louisiana Tech University. Prior to joining the University of Houston-Victoria she was an assistant professor of accounting at the College of Saint Rose in Albany, New York. She has taught various courses in the areas of financial accounting, managerial accounting, not-for-profit accounting, and auditing at Louisiana Tech University, College of Saint Rose, and UHV. Dr. Kuang is a Certified Public Accountant in China and has worked as a financial manager for a Chinese securities firm for three years.
Dr. Kuang's current research interests include tax policy, financial accounting theory and pedagogical research. Dr. Kuang has published several articles in academic journals including Advances in Accounting and Southern Economic Journal.
Dr. Kuang is an active member of The American Accounting Association and The American Taxation Association. She has also served as a college coordinator and volunteer tax preparer for the IRS volunteer income tax assistance (VITA) program.
Courses Taught at UHV
- ACCT 4321 - Auditing
- ACCT 6351 - Financial Reporting and Analysis
- ACCT 6352 - Strategic Cost Management
- ACCT 6371 - Advanced Auditing
- ACCT 6374 - Seminar in Accounting Ethics
- Englebrecht, Ted. D. Chu, Xiaoyan, Kuang, Yingxu, (2013). A Distributional Analysis of Cain's 999 Tax Plan: Annual and Lifetime Income Considerations Advances In Taxation
- Kuang, Yingxu, Chiang, Wei-Chih 'Danny', Pierce, Karen, (2013). Analyzing the profit motive when determining gambler status Practical Tax Strategies
- Pullis, Robert M. Zhao, Fang, Pullis, Joe M. Wadhwa, Darshan L. Kuang, Yingxu, (2012). Foreign (offshore) Asset-protection Trusts: Considerations for the Entrepreneurial Executive Entrepreneurial Executive
- Kuang, Yingxu, Englebrecht, Ted D. Gilley, Otis W. (2011). A Distributional Analysis of the FairTax Plan: Annual and Lifetime Income Considerations Southern Economic Journal
- Englebrecht, Ted D. Hanke, Steven A. Kuang, Yingxu, (2008). An Assessment of Patterns of Co-Authorship for Academic Accountants within Premier Journals for U.S. and International Accountants: Evidence from 1979-2004. Advances In Accounting