The Budget Department will provide accurate and timely information regarding the budget functions of the University of Houston-Victoria. The Budget Department assists in fulfilling the financial needs of the University and has a stewardship role in the University's financial resources. In this capacity, the primary duties of the budget department consist of the following:
- Assists the Budget Committee in the annual budget cycle.
- Prepares and implements the annual operating budget.
- Verifies approved budget to the financial and payroll systems and maintains the integrity of data throughout the year.
- Monitors departmental cost centers throughout the year.
- Reports to the Budget Committee throughout the year on the budgeted amount vs. actual spending.
- Prepares biennial Legislative Appropriations Request (LAR).
- Develops systems and procedures to assure uniform budget practices that adhere to the policies of the University, UH System, and the State of Texas.
Living and Learning Community of Readers - 10/22/2014
VBEC Board meeting for the Victoria Community - 10/23/2014
First Steps to Starting Your Own Business - 10/23/2014
Campus Rosary Group - 10/23/2014
UHV Degree Information Session - 10/23/2014
UHV smashes fundraising record for second year - 10/16/2014