The University of Houston-Victoria
Arts and Sciences
Future Students
Current Students

Login to Blackboard

Login to UHV Email

Login to myUHV

University Calendar

Click for the Student
Problem-Solving Form




Before leaving the home country, the applicant must obtain a passport from the home government and a visa from the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate.

 Visa Information Sheet in Chinese and English. Includes step-by-step instructions for the DS-156 application form.




U.S Embassies in China  



 If accepted by the University, the student will be sent a letter of acceptance for admission and the appropriate form (I-20) by which a student visa for entry into the United States may be obtained. After receiving the I-20 form, you will need to pay the fee for SEVIS, the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System, as part of the visa application process. The consulate office in your home country will have access to SEVIS to see your records and verify that you have been approved for admission at UHV. After arrival in the United States, you must contact the Office of Admissions and Records to complete the admission process. Students can enter the United States no earlier than 30 days before the I-20 report date.

Students who are in the United States on any visa allowing full-time or part-time study must provide documentation to verify current status. A copy of the student's passport and visa with non-expired dates must be submitted at the time of application to the University along with a copy of the I-94 verifying non-expired dates that are not less than 6 months into the future from the date of the application. Aliens who have been granted resident status in the United States must provide documentation with non-expired dates at the time of the application for admission to the university

SEVIS answers to frequently asked questions can be found online at

U.S. Visa and Immigration-Related Information can be found online at

Visa application forms are available at

The EducationUSA Web site lists counseling centers that help nonimmigrants prepare for visa interviews.