Faculty: Hongyu Guo
Assistant Professor of Computer Science
Ph.D., University of Florida, Computer Science
Email: Click here
Research Interests: Computer Vision, Computer Graphics, Digital Gaming, Visualization, Machine Learning, Data Integration, Data Warehousing
• Book, Hongyu Guo, Modern Mathematics and Applications in Computer Graphics and Vision, World Scientific Publishing, 2014, ISBN: 978-9814449328
• Hongyu Guo, Some Theoretical Results in the Perspective Analysis of Images, International Journal of Modern Engineering, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 42--55, (2013)
• Hongyu Guo, Definitions of Perspective Diminution Factor and Foreshortening Factor: Applications in the Analysis of Perspective Distortion, International Journal of Modern Engineering, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 78--87, (2013)
• Hongyu Guo and Mehrube Mehrubeoglu, Analysis of Solar Panel Efficiency through Computation and Simulation, International Journal of Modern Engineering, Vol. 12, No. 2 (2012) 51-58
• Hongyu Guo, Butterfly Dreams, Journal of Classical Chinese Poems, Vol. 3, No. 3 (2012)
• Hongyu Guo and Anand Rangarajan, Diffeomorphic Point Matching with Applications in Biomedical Image Registration, International Journal of Tomography and Statistics, Vol. 15, No. F10 (2010) 42-57
• H. Krishnappa and H. Guo, Fingerprint Verification Using Mutual Information, Journal of Computing Sciences in Colleges, Vol. 23, No. 6 (2008) 15-22
• H. Guo, A. Rangarajan and S. Joshi, The Handbook of Mathematical Models of Computer Vision, Chapter 13: Diffeomorphic Point Matching, edited by N. Paragios and Y. Chen, Springer, 2006.
• H. Guo and B. Miller, Monte Carlo Study of Localization on a One-Dimensional Lattice, Journal of Statistical Physics 98, 347 (2000).
• B.N. Miller, T. Reese, H. Guo, Path Integral Methods of Positron Annihilation, Journal of Radioanalytical and Nuclear Chemistry, Vol. 210, No. 2 (1996) 343-356.
• C. Jin, L. Li, A. Nalluri and H. GuoPeer to Peer Data Integration System for the Gulf of MexicoData Integration and Management on the Gulf of Mexico Workshop, Corpus Christi, May 15-16, 2009
• L. Li, J. Fernandez and H. Guo, A Framework for Query Capabilities and Interface Design of Mediators on the Gulf of Mexico Data Sources, Chapter in book, Progress in WWW Research and Development, 10th Asia-Pacific Web Conference, APWeb 2008, Shenyang, China, April 26-28, 2008, Proceedings , Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer, 2008, Vol. 4976, 660-671(Acceptance rate: 28%)
• M. Whitbeck and H. Guo, Multiple landmark warping using thin-plate splines Proceedings of the 2006 International Conference on Image Processing, Computer Vision, & Pattern Recognition, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, June 26-29, 2006, Volume 1, 256-263.
• M. Whitbeck and H. Guo, Caricature warping using thin-plate splines, Student Conference for Research and Creative Arts, University of Houston - Clear Lake, 2006.
• H. Guo, A. Rangarajan, S. Joshi3-D diffeomorphic shape registration on hippocampal data sets,Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Medical Image Computing and Computer Assisted Intervention, Volume II, pp. 984-991, Palm Springs, CA, 26-29 October 2005.
• H. Guo, A. Rangarajan, S. Joshi and L. Younes, A new joint clustering and diffeomorphism estimation algorithm for non-rigid shape matching, Proceedings of the 2004 Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition Workshop(CVPRW'04), Volume 1, pp. 16-12, Washington, DC, 27 June-2 July 2004.
• H. Guo, A. Rangarajan, S. Joshi and L. Younes, Non-rigid Registration of Shapes via Diffeomorphic Point Matching, Proceedings of the 2004 IEEE International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging: From Nano to Macro, pp. 924-927, Arlington, VA, 15-18 April 2004.
• B. Miller and H. Guo, Soft Self-Trapping Transition in a One Dimensional Lattice Gas, 1996 Joint APS/AAPT Meeting, Indianapolis, IN, May 2-5, 1996.