Hashimul Ehsan, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Biology
- Biology Faculty, (2008-2010) State University of New York, Oswego, NY-13126. Courses taught: Molecular Biology (Bio 439), Molecular & Cellular Foundations (Bio 120), Biotechnology (Bio 316) and Genetics ( Bio 301).
As cell division is one of the most fundamental processes in the growth and development from plants to animals but also cell death is a natural part of life. Every day in the human body, 50-70 billion cells die, making room for the equivalent number of new cells produced daily through cell division. I have a broadly trained experience in cell cycle and cell death from my PhD to postdoc period. My research interest would be the molecular and biochemical control of the cell cycle and related processes towards the cell death in different cells. Dr. Ehsan is broadly trained biologist and teaches a diversity of existing courses and new courses to compliment to the biology curriculum.
- Zhang, M., Ehsan, H., Gilbert, J., and Ren, D (2011) Elimination of Escherichia Coli persister cells by weak electric currents and synergistic effects with antibiotics. (In preparation).
- Ehsan, H., Ramachandiran, S., Lau, SS and Monks TJ (2011) Paradigms of checkpoint kinase (Chk1) leading to oncotic cell death after exposure to Reactive Oxygen Species (in preparation.).
- Ehsan, H., Balajadia, J., Ramachandiran, S., Lau, SS and Monks TJ (2011) Vulnerability of HL-60 cells towards TGHQ-mediated apoptosis during various cell cycle stages. (In preparation).
- Ehsan, H., Ray, WK., Phinney B., Wang, X., Huber, SC., and Clouse, SD. (2005) Interaction of Arabidopsis BRASSINOSTEROID-INSENSITIVE 1 receptor kinase with a homolog of mammalian TGF-beta receptor interacting protein. Plant Journal, 2005 Jul;43(2):251-61.
- Ehsan, H., Reichheld JP, Durfee T, Roe JL (2004) TOUSLED kinase activity oscillates during the cell cycle and interacts with chromatin regulators. Plant Physiology. 134(4): 1488-99.
- Ehsan, H., and Van Onckelen, H., (2004) Cyclic AMP in auxin signal transduction pathway? Plant tissue culture 14(1): 69-74.
- Ehsan, H., Luc, R., Witters, E., Reichheld, J-P., Inze, D., & Van Onckelen, H. (1999) Indomethacin induced G1/S phase arrest of the plant cell cycle. FEBS letters 458:349-353.
- Ehsan, H., Reichheld, J-P., Luc, R., Witters, E., Lardon, F., Van Bockstaele, D., Van Montagu, M., Inze, D., & Van Onckelen, H. (1998) Effect of indomethacin on cell cycle dependent cyclic AMP fluxes in tobacco BY-2 cells. FEBS Letters 422 :165-169.
- Ehsan, H., Rashid, K.A., Van Dongen, W., Van Onckelen, H., (1997) Cyclic adenosine 3’,5’-monophosphate in gastrothylax crumenifer and Explanatum explanatum. Journal of Helminthology 71: 147-149.