- Consider the Rhetorical Situation
- Generate and Refine Ideas
- Define the Purpose, Consider the Audience, and Develop the Thesis
- Gather and Evaluate Information
- Understand the Difference: Primary versus Secondary Sources
- Understanding Periodicals: Scholarly versus Non-scholarly Sources
- Find and Evaluate Internet Sources
- Draft Your Introduction Includes example introductions!
- Draft Body Paragraphs: Topic Sentences
- Transitioning Within and Between Paragraphs
- Drafting Body Paragraphs: CECC: An Internal Organization Strategy Discusses a paragraph formula designed by Penn State University tutors.
- Organizing Cause-Effect Paragraphs
- Organizing Chronological Paragraphs
- Organizing Compare-Contrast Paragraphs
- Organizing Problem-Solution Paragraphs
- Draft Your Conclusion
- APA Quick Reference Guide, 6th ed.
- MLA Quick Reference Guide, 7th ed.
- Documenting Sources Using MLA Format, 7th ed., An Interactive Presentation with Audio
- Documenting Sources Using APA Format, 5th ed., An Interactive Presentation with Audio
- Chicago Manual/Turabian Manual Quick Reference Guide (PDF 174KB) New September 2009!
- Avoid Plagiarism
- Understanding Plagiarism, An Interactive Presentation with Audio
- Decide when to Quote, Paraphrase, and Summarize
- Know When to Quote, Paraphrase, and Summarize, An Interactive Presentation with Audio
- Learn to Paraphrase
- Learn to Summarize
- How to Quote, Paraphrase, and Summarize, An Interactive Presentation with Audio.
- Practice Paraphrase/Summarize
- Signal Your Sources
- Signal Your Commentary on Source Material
- The Art of Hedging (PDF 118KB) New! January 2010
- Global Revision
- Paragraph and Sentence Strategy: Moving From Known (Old) Information to Unknown (New) Information
When you enter the revising and proofreading stage, you may want to check out our resources on grammar, puncutation, and style.
Quickbooks - 12/13/2013
ACS - Relay for Life - Team Captain Meetings - 1/14/2014
SABP Stakeholders Meeting - 1/16/2014
ACS - Relay for Life "Team Captain University" - 1/18/2014
Addy Judging - 1/18/2014
UHV to graduate more than 500 students Saturday - 12/12/2013