In the following exercise, underline or circle the appropriate verb.
- The oranges in your orchard (is, are) large this year.
- John, Sam, and Tom (eat, eats) with me every Sunday.
- A brick house with many windows (is, are) what the family wants.
- Mrs. Brown and her husband (wants, want) to move back to Houston.
- Everyone in the high school band (marches, march) to the same beat.
- One of the cats (has, have) six toes.
- The group (agrees, agree) to take action.
- The jury (has, have) gone separate ways.
- Neither the instructors nor the student (has, have) a problem with the schedule.
- John, as well as the Smiths, (believe, believes) the animal control laws apply to
View the answers to this exercise (A new window will open; close the window to return to this exercise.)
Meet the Franchisor Forum - 12/10/2013
Customer Service - 12/12/2013
Quickbooks - 12/13/2013
ACS - Relay for Life - Team Captain Meetings - 1/14/2014
SABP Stakeholders Meeting - 1/16/2014
Outstanding business school graduates look to future - 12/05/2013