Correct the following sentences by using the rules discussed above.
- Because the party began at noon, we dropped Tom, Dave, and Ellen off at the store, they wanted to shop for a present.
- Nelda's hair looks better today than it did yesterday, however, it still needs work.
- The floral arrangement needed more colors of roses, the bouquet didn't have enough contrast to it.
- Her ribbons look beautiful on the tree, most people just use beads.
- NASA wants to design a new space program. They don't have the funding.
- Dictionaries don't always discuss the connotative meanings. Some meanings are defined by our cultures.
- I plan to visit my friends in Jacksonville, Florida, for the holidays. I may not be able to stay very long.
- The parents enjoy watching the game, moreover, they enjoy the half-time show.
- Alex placed his order for a new suit, nonetheless, he wanted a quality outfit.
- Lawyers reviewed the case for problems, they didn't find any.
- Magazines usually have interesting articles, however; that one is boring.
- Sarah almost ran the red light; but stopped in time.
- Because the school let the children out early; I won't be able to attend the meeting.
- Although that event usually takes place the first week of February; I think they scheduled it for March this year.
- She drives two vehicles; one that is sporty and one that gets good gas mileage.
- Jake hired the new employee; who later became his boss.
- Parents usually set curfews for their teenagers; who usually resent being told when to come home.
- While the problem seems to have gone away; we're still looking for possible causes.
- The room looks darker than usual, it needs more lamps.
- The wizard wore a purple gown with gold stars on it, however; his presentation wasn't very dramatic.
- He dislikes working with attorneys, moreover, he refuses to meet with them in person.
- Copy machines don't always work like they should, nonetheless, we rely heavily upon them when they are functioning.
- If the computer crashes before you get your files; we'll have a major problem on our hands.
- Red blankets can't be washed with white clothes; unless you don't mind wearing pink.
- Jukeboxes can provide many different types of tunes; particularly if you program them correctly.
View the answers to this exercise (A new window will open; close the window to return to this exercise.)
Meet the Franchisor Forum - 12/10/2013
Customer Service - 12/12/2013
Quickbooks - 12/13/2013
ACS - Relay for Life - Team Captain Meetings - 1/14/2014
SABP Stakeholders Meeting - 1/16/2014
Outstanding business school graduates look to future - 12/05/2013