Add commas only where needed.
- Not all artists who become famous have spent years studying.
- Anna Robertson Moses who was also known as Grandma Moses is considered the Grande Dame of U.S. art.
- Grandma Moses who started painting when she was seventy-six never had an art lesson.
- Her realistic and simple scenes depicting American rural life have been praised by critics and spectators alike.
- These colorful pictures which are called “primitives” are based on her early life in rural New York.
- She began to paint at a time when her arthritis made her pastime of embroidering too painful.
- This energetic woman who lived to be 101 continued to create works of wonder and charm until shortly before her death.
- Grandma Moses who painted without any formal training remains one of the twentieth century’s most famous primitive artists.
View the answers to this exercise (A new window will open; close the window to return to this exercise.)
City Golf Championship Banquet - 5/25/2013
Degree Information Session - 5/29/2013
President's Regional Advisory Board - 6/4/2013
Vietnam War Conference - 6/13/2013
Vietnam War Conference - 6/14/2013
Freshman Advising and Preregistration Day - 6/15/2013
LegalShield Lunch & Learn - 6/18/2013
UHV alumna honored for work with ESL children - 05/23/2013