Correct the faulty predication in each of the following sentences by re-writing the sentences in the space provided. Note that there is usually more than one way to correct faulty predication.
- Reality television is where people who aren’t professional actors star in unscripted shows.
- Plastic toys don’t like to be placed in direct sunlight for too long.
- The graduate school said Matt’s essay was what earned Matt his fellowship.
- The paper said that communication between cultures is inevitable and should be fostered with concern for all parties involved.
- The reason I missed class yesterday is because I was involved in a car accident.
- A low-context culture is when its members are highly individualistic.
- An example of excellent cooking is the chef at the local Italian cafe.
- The GRE is where prospective graduate school students sit nervously and sweat for several hours.
- The reason I like The Beatles is because they were ahead of their time, both musically and attitudinally.
- The electric company cut our power off accidentally last night.
View the answers to this exercise (A new window will open; close the window to return to this exercise.)
Copyright 2005 by the Student Success Center and the University of Houston-Victoria.
Created 2005 by Kelli Trungale.
Meet the Franchisor Forum - 12/10/2013
Customer Service - 12/12/2013
Quickbooks - 12/13/2013
ACS - Relay for Life - Team Captain Meetings - 1/14/2014
SABP Stakeholders Meeting - 1/16/2014
Outstanding business school graduates look to future - 12/05/2013