Correct the faulty predication in each of the following sentences by re-writing the sentences in the space provided. Note that there is usually more than one way to correct faulty predication.
- Reality television is where people who aren’t professional actors star in unscripted shows.
- Plastic toys don’t like to be placed in direct sunlight for too long.
- The graduate school said Matt’s essay was what earned Matt his fellowship.
- The paper said that communication between cultures is inevitable and should be fostered with concern for all parties involved.
- The reason I missed class yesterday is because I was involved in a car accident.
- A low-context culture is when its members are highly individualistic.
- An example of excellent cooking is the chef at the local Italian cafe.
- The GRE is where prospective graduate school students sit nervously and sweat for several hours.
- The reason I like The Beatles is because they were ahead of their time, both musically and attitudinally.
- The electric company cut our power off accidentally last night.
View the answers to this exercise (A new window will open; close the window to return to this exercise.)
Copyright 2005 by the Academic Center and the University of Houston-Victoria.
Created 2005 by Kelli Trungale.
Grant Meeting - 5/22/2013
Open House in Victoria - 5/23/2013
Degree Information Session - 5/29/2013
President's Regional Advisory Board - 6/4/2013
Vietnam War Conference - 6/13/2013
Vietnam War Conference - 6/14/2013
Freshman Advising and Preregistration Day - 6/15/2013
UHV SBDC staff members earn global certifications - 05/17/2013
UHV student receives Salute to Nurses scholarship - 05/16/2013