Welcome to the Academic Center's handouts and resources on grammar, punctuation, and style.
***Featured Resources***Sentence Errors, Dangling Modifiers, Pronoun-Antecedent Agreement, or Subject/Verb Agreement.
- Active and Passive Sentences
- Comma Splices and Fused Sentences
- Sentence Errors, An Interactive Presentation with Audio. (Discusses Fragments, comma splices, and fused sentences.)
- Dangling Modifiers
- Dangling Modifiers, An Interactive Presentation with Audio
- Eliminating Fragments
- Faulty Predication
- Faulty Comparison (PDF 222 KB) New January 2010!
- Parts of Speech
- Pronoun-Antecedent Agreement
- Pronoun-Antecedent Agreement, An Interactive Presentation with Audio
- Pronoun-Antecedent Agreement: Collective and Indefinite Pronouns, An Interactive Presentation with Audio
- Relative Clauses
- Subject/Verb Agreement (Part 1)
- Subject/Verb Agreement (Part 2)
- Subject/Verb Agreement, An Interactive Presentation with Audio
- Using Tense Shifts Effectively
- A Personal Editing Log
- An Introduction to Sentence Patterns (PDF 126 KB)
- Understanding Pronouns (PDF 235 KB)
- Apostrophes, An Interactive Presentation with Audio
- Comma Use
- Using Brackets Correctly (PDF 107 KB) New January 2010!
- Using Colons Correctly
- Using Dashes Correctly (PDF 125 KB) New August 2009!
- Using Hyphens Correctly (PDF 127 KB) New January 2010!
- Using Semicolons Correctly
- End Punctuation (PDF 137 KB) New August 2009!
StyleResearching and Citing resources for information about APA, MLA, and other documentation styles.
Grant Meeting - 5/22/2013
Open House in Victoria - 5/23/2013
Degree Information Session - 5/29/2013
President's Regional Advisory Board - 6/4/2013
Vietnam War Conference - 6/13/2013
Vietnam War Conference - 6/14/2013
Freshman Advising and Preregistration Day - 6/15/2013
UHV SBDC staff members earn global certifications - 05/17/2013
UHV student receives Salute to Nurses scholarship - 05/16/2013