Correct the following sentences in the space provided. You may need to refer the rules discussed in the Dangling Modifiers handout.
1. Having moved to the edge of the cliff, a beautiful valley spread out below.
2. Watching from a distance, the soaring hawk was a beautiful sight.
3. After finding several new sources, the quality of my research paper went up quite a bit.
4. When looking for new sources, the reference librarian should be consulted.
5. While constructing the model car, my mother called me to dinner.
6. Badly damaged in the accident, Mark had his truck towed to the body shop.
7. To make a proper selection, several options should be considered.
8. While preparing my speech, my grandmother brought me milk and cookies.
9. While singing in church, Tom’s throat began to ache.
10. Upon hearing the outcome of the contest, Joe’s spirit faded.
11. Opening the front door of Grandma’s house, the smell of fresh-baked bread fills the air.
12. After witnessing the accident, the tow truck was called.
13. Following the directions, there should be no difficulty in finding the cabin.
14. Pulling on the anchor rope, Matt’s foot slipped and he fell into the water.
15. Before salting the food, it should be tasted first.
16. Upon arrival at the theater, the usher showed us to our seats.
17. Before being given the job, references must be reviewed.
18. Being early in the semester, my average is still fairly high.
19. Since breaking my arm, my sister helped with my chores.
20. Before painting the portrait, all supplies should be accessible.
View the answers to this exercise (A new window will open; close the window to return to this exercise.)
City Golf Championship Banquet - 5/25/2013
Degree Information Session - 5/29/2013
President's Regional Advisory Board - 6/4/2013
Vietnam War Conference - 6/13/2013
Vietnam War Conference - 6/14/2013
Freshman Advising and Preregistration Day - 6/15/2013
LegalShield Lunch & Learn - 6/18/2013
Sophomore sings her praises of UHV - 05/24/2013
UHV alumna honored for work with ESL children - 05/23/2013