Correct the following sentences. You may need to refer the rules discussed in the Dangling Modifiers handout.
1. While jogging this morning, a vicious dog chased me.
2. While eating ice cream, Mary’s head began to hurt.
3. Quite pleased with his quick reply, Frank’s smile lit up the room.
4. To be accepted into the honor society, a 3.0 average must be maintained.
5. After wrecking my car, my neighbor offered me a ride to school.
6. While eating breakfast, the paperboy delivered the morning newspaper.
7. After seeing his grade, Harry’s shoulders slumped and his smile faded.
8. While working on the parade float, Mark’s mother called him inside.
9. Before making a final decision, other cars should be driven.
10. Having reached a temperature of 375 degrees, the cookies are ready for the oven.
11. Full of cracks and leaking badly, Dad filled the swimming pool with dirt.
12. Taking our seats, the play started.
13. While enjoying an afternoon nap, a bolt of lightning struck the house.
14. After reading all afternoon, Susan’s head ached.
15. While working on the committee project, Jim’s secretary called him to the phone.
16. Having fallen off the ladder, my knee was bruised and swollen.
17. Obviously pleased by our arrival, the big dog’s tail wagged rapidly.
18. Before varnishing the desktop, it should be sanded thoroughly.
19. Having broken my leg, my doctor gave me crutches.
20. After seeing the horror movie, nightmares came more frequently.
View the answers to this exercise (A new window will open; close the window to return to this exercise.)
Customer Service - 12/12/2013
Quickbooks - 12/13/2013
ACS - Relay for Life - Team Captain Meetings - 1/14/2014
SABP Stakeholders Meeting - 1/16/2014
ACS - Relay for Life "Team Captain University" - 1/18/2014
Outstanding business school graduates look to future - 12/05/2013