Correct the following sentences in the space provided. You may need to refer the rules discussed in the Dangling Modifiers handout.
1. Taking our seats, the game started.
2. The afternoon passed very pleasantly, munching popcorn and watching a movie.
3. On entering the stadium, the size of the crowd surprised Theo.
4. When only a small girl, my mother took me with her to Florida.
5. After sitting there awhile, it began to snow.
6. Having stolen the car, the detectives arrested the thief.
7. Upon leaving the store, the door locked.
8. While eating lunch, the telephone rang.
9. While reading Shakespeare, the puppy needed to go outside to the bathroom.
10. To terminate the lease agreement, documents were signed.
11. While heating the soup, sandwiches were served by Ben.
12. After dropping the kids off at school, the car had a flat tire.
13. Removing the food, the dog began to whine.
14. Carrying the packages to my car, my knee hit the bumper of a car.
15. While waiting for the bus, the dog ran into the street.
16. Having finished the final exam, grades were posted on the bulletin board.
17. To enter the contest, a box top must be sent with your slogan.
18. While weeding my garden, a garter snake startled me.
19. Stepping into the boat, my camera dropped into the water.
20. Climbing to a height of 4,000 feet, my ears began to hurt.
View the answers to this exercise (A new window will open; close the window to return to this exercise.)
City Golf Championship Banquet - 5/25/2013
Degree Information Session - 5/29/2013
President's Regional Advisory Board - 6/4/2013
Vietnam War Conference - 6/13/2013
Vietnam War Conference - 6/14/2013
Freshman Advising and Preregistration Day - 6/15/2013
LegalShield Lunch & Learn - 6/18/2013
Sophomore sings her praises of UHV - 05/24/2013
UHV alumna honored for work with ESL children - 05/23/2013