Correct the following sentences by using the rules discussed in the
Dangling Modifiers handout.
- Maintaining a daily exercise program, my weight seemed to decrease faster than usual.
- To eliminate the errors, the paper needs to be rewritten.
- While studying for my college exam, my daughter interrupted me and wanted to play dolls.
- Drawing quite a crowd, the auditorium was packed with Garth Brooks fans.
- Running around the block, the sidewalk seemed slicker than usual.
- While changing the baby's diaper, the powder fell on the floor.
- Even as an athlete who has competed in the 5k run, the dog was able to run faster than me.
- Carrying the groceries to the car, my foot got stuck in a pot hole.
- Taking the chance that she might win, the lottery ticket seemed a small price to pay.
- Having recognized the mistake, the problem seemed much easier to fix.
- As a traveling businessman, my mom didn't get to see my dad very often.
- While learning how to ride a bike, my knees got skinned up quite a bit.
- Carrying the clubs for the golfers, the tees got lost by the caddy.
- Removing the tag from the pillow, the pillowcase seemed to fit better.
- Upon sitting down at the bar, the beer was waiting for us.
- After removing the old songs from the jukebox, the music seemed to get better.
- To end the trial, the documents were signed.
- In sending the flowers to that address, the wrong house received the delivery.
- Sparkling with flames, the water was used to extinguish the fire.
- As a member of the school board, children are my dad's favorite topic.
- Coloring the pages with neon crayons, the pictures seemed to come alive on the paper.
- Removing her hat before entering the church, the priest nodded for her to sit on the third row.
- Explaining the format for completing the form, the document shouldn't take too long to fill out.
- As a manager of a major league baseball team, my six-year-old daughter would like to see one of our games.
- To score a hole in one, the golf club must be just right.
View the answers to this exercise (A new window will open; close the window to return to this exercise.)
Saturday Book Break - 12/7/2013
Meet the Franchisor Forum - 12/10/2013
Customer Service - 12/12/2013
Quickbooks - 12/13/2013
ACS - Relay for Life - Team Captain Meetings - 1/14/2014
Outstanding business school graduates look to future - 12/05/2013