Each of the sentences below is either a fused sentence or a comma splice. Correct each one by adding a subordinate conjunction to the beginning of the clause that is less important in each sentence. An example is completed below for you.
Example: The chocolate cake tasted delicious, she used her mother’s recipe.
Correction: The chocolate cake tasted delicious since she used her mother’s recipe.
1. I enjoy planning a vacation, I prefer taking them.
2. Andrea made arrangements with the college she won’t be taking that class after all.
3. That club restricts its membership I won’t join it.
4. The music seems magical, the choreography is great.
5. Newspapers should cover the news, they shouldn’t make it.
View the answers to this exercise (A new window will open; close the window to return to this exercise.)
Saturday Book Break - 12/7/2013
Meet the Franchisor Forum - 12/10/2013
Customer Service - 12/12/2013
Quickbooks - 12/13/2013
ACS - Relay for Life - Team Captain Meetings - 1/14/2014
Outstanding business school graduates look to future - 12/05/2013