Each of the sentences below is either a fused sentence or a comma splice. Correct each one by applying appropriate punctuation. Vary your method of correction (don’t just use periods, for instance). Before you begin, review the tips for correcting sentence errors.
1. He closed the garage door before the dog got out he was afraid that the animal might get hit by a car.
2. The border patrol inspected every vehicle for non-registered visitors traffic was backed up for hours.
3. Cruising the streets is a common form of entertainment for teenagers they have very few entertainment options in this town.
4. Horses take on very strong personalities when their owners don’t take the lead horses can be very dangerous when they think they’re in control.
5. My plane left early in the morning, I did not wake up in time.
View the answers to this exercise (A new window will open; close the window to return to this exercise.)
Grant Meeting - 5/22/2013
Open House in Victoria - 5/23/2013
Degree Information Session - 5/29/2013
President's Regional Advisory Board - 6/4/2013
Vietnam War Conference - 6/13/2013
Vietnam War Conference - 6/14/2013
Freshman Advising and Preregistration Day - 6/15/2013
UHV SBDC staff members earn global certifications - 05/17/2013
UHV student receives Salute to Nurses scholarship - 05/16/2013