Each of the sentences below is either a fused sentence or a comma splice. Correct each one by applying appropriate punctuation. Vary your method of correction (don’t just use periods, for instance). Before you begin, review the tips for correcting sentence errors.
1. He closed the garage door before the dog got out he was afraid that the animal might get hit by a car.
2. The border patrol inspected every vehicle for non-registered visitors traffic was backed up for hours.
3. Cruising the streets is a common form of entertainment for teenagers they have very few entertainment options in this town.
4. Horses take on very strong personalities when their owners don’t take the lead horses can be very dangerous when they think they’re in control.
5. My plane left early in the morning, I did not wake up in time.
View the answers to this exercise (A new window will open; close the window to return to this exercise.)
Saturday Book Break - 12/7/2013
Meet the Franchisor Forum - 12/10/2013
Customer Service - 12/12/2013
Quickbooks - 12/13/2013
ACS - Relay for Life - Team Captain Meetings - 1/14/2014
Outstanding business school graduates look to future - 12/05/2013