Identify the following sentences as passive or active sentences.
- The thank you card was greatly appreciated.
- The prisoners were sent to solitary confinement.
- The prisoner was sent to solitary confinement by the warden.
- The family was completely embarrassed by their Dad’s practical joke.
- Massive amounts of mail are sent by solicitors every day.
- The Hours was recognized as a top film in 2002.
- Her mother sent her to her room because she was acting up.
- John David caused the accident when he crossed the street without looking both ways.
- Malissa was told that her daughter would recover well.
- After much debate, the senator decided for whom to vote by reading each candidate’s political platforms.
- All suggestions will be received via email.
- Astigmatism is defined as an eye defect that prevents focusing of sharp, distinct images.
- Social security number and password are required to log into the system.
- Diana washed all the dishes and cleaned the whole house before leaving home.
- All of the clothes had been folded before she returned.
View the answers to this exercise (A new window will open; close the window to return to this exercise.)
Saturday Book Break - 12/7/2013
Meet the Franchisor Forum - 12/10/2013
Customer Service - 12/12/2013
Quickbooks - 12/13/2013
ACS - Relay for Life - Team Captain Meetings - 1/14/2014
Outstanding business school graduates look to future - 12/05/2013