Underline the verbal in each sentence and indicate whether it is a gerund (G), a participle (P) or an infinitive (I).
- Jennifer’s goal was to graduate from the University of Houston-Victoria.
- John’s favorite outdoor activity is skiing.
- Going on a cruise and climbing Mt. Rushmore were Rachel’s summer vacation plans.
- Dancing with the famous instructor, Dillon felt like a star.
- Animals dumped in the streets often become a menace.
- The girls love to swim at Julie’s house.
- Watching the birds is one of Mr. Martin’s hobbies.
- Janice, baking 10 cakes for the festival, accidentally burned one of them.
- Working out daily should be an essential part of American life.
- I have a book to return to the library.
Check your answers here. (A new window will open; close the window to return to this exercise.)
City Golf Championship Banquet - 5/25/2013
Degree Information Session - 5/29/2013
President's Regional Advisory Board - 6/4/2013
Vietnam War Conference - 6/13/2013
Vietnam War Conference - 6/14/2013
Freshman Advising and Preregistration Day - 6/15/2013
LegalShield Lunch & Learn - 6/18/2013
Sophomore sings her praises of UHV - 05/24/2013
UHV alumna honored for work with ESL children - 05/23/2013