Directions: Underline the verb in each sentence and indicate whether it is an action verb (AV), a linking verb (LV) or an auxiliary verb (AUX V) by writing the appropriate letter next to the sentence.
- We ate lunch around 2 p.m. yesterday.
- I may apply for a job at Best Buy in Victoria Mall.
- I am anxious to finish the research project.
- The ducks were swimming in the pond during our picnic.
- The weather has been hot and dry all summer.
- I went to the beach on Tuesday afternoon and played volleyball.
- I can finish that essay exam before I go to the movies.
- I should bake the cake for Mom’s birthday.
- We have been ill all weekend.
- The dogs tore open the trash bags and messed up the house.
Check your answers here. (A new window will open; close the window to return to this exercise.)
Grant Meeting - 5/22/2013
Open House in Victoria - 5/23/2013
Degree Information Session - 5/29/2013
President's Regional Advisory Board - 6/4/2013
Vietnam War Conference - 6/13/2013
Vietnam War Conference - 6/14/2013
Freshman Advising and Preregistration Day - 6/15/2013
UHV SBDC staff members earn global certifications - 05/17/2013
UHV student receives Salute to Nurses scholarship - 05/16/2013