Directions: Underline the verb in each sentence and indicate whether it is an action verb (AV), a linking verb (LV) or an auxiliary verb (AUX V) by writing the appropriate letter next to the sentence.
- We ate lunch around 2 p.m. yesterday.
- I may apply for a job at Best Buy in Victoria Mall.
- I am anxious to finish the research project.
- The ducks were swimming in the pond during our picnic.
- The weather has been hot and dry all summer.
- I went to the beach on Tuesday afternoon and played volleyball.
- I can finish that essay exam before I go to the movies.
- I should bake the cake for Mom’s birthday.
- We have been ill all weekend.
- The dogs tore open the trash bags and messed up the house.
Check your answers here. (A new window will open; close the window to return to this exercise.)
Quickbooks - 12/13/2013
Get your 2014 Baseball Season Tickets! - 12/19/2013
Get your 2014 Baseball Season Tickets! - 1/6/2014
Get your 2014 Baseball Season Tickets! - 1/8/2014
Get your 2014 Baseball Season Tickets! - 1/10/2014
ACS - Relay for Life - Team Captain Meetings - 1/14/2014
UHV to graduate more than 500 students Saturday - 12/12/2013