Checklist for Freshmen Admission
(Students who have a U.S. high school diploma or GED education, or less than 12 semester credit hours of college credit.)
Admission Requirements: U.S. High School Graduates, GED Certificates, and Home Schooled Students
New Bacterial Meningitis Immunization Requirements: Beginning January 2012, you may be required to present proof of vaccination against bacterial meningitis before being allowed to enroll. Learn about the requirements, how to get a vaccination, who is exempt, and more on the bacterial meningitis FAQ page.
An applicant who graduated or will graduate from a U.S. high school (accredited, non-accredited, or home school) or earned a GED certificate must meet 2 of the 3 following requirements to be eligible for regular admission:
- Rank in the top 50% of the graduating senior class.* (Not applicable to GED or home schooled students.)
- Overall high school grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale under the "recommended" or "advanced" high school program, or a curriculum that is equivalent in content and rigor as the recommended or advanced program.
Note: Students who pass the GED exam will be recognized as satisfying the 2.0 grade point average (GPA) requirement.
- Minimum score of 18 on the Enhanced American College Test (ACT) OR a minimum score of 860 on the Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) Reasoning Tests [critical reading and math sections].
*Per HB588 – An applicant will be automatically admitted if they graduated in the top 10% of their class from an accredited Texas public high school within the two years prior to the academic year for which admission is sought, and an application is submitted by the published deadline.
Students who fail to meet minimum admissions requirements will be individually reviewed and considered for advised admission.
A permanent resident alien who has completed two or more years in, and graduated from, a U.S. high school is required to meet the admission requirements established for U.S. citizens.
What to Submit
Before a student will be fully admitted to University of Houston-Victoria, the following items must be on file in the Office of Admissions and Records. Please contact the Office of Admissions & Records at Admissions@uhv.edu, 361-570-4110, or toll-free 877-970-4848 x110 for more information.
- Application for Admissions - Apply using the Apply Texas common online application. www.ApplyTexas.org.
- Official high school or home school transcript or official copy of GED certificate.
- The high school transcript should show class rank, grade point average, and date of graduation. Seniors may submit applications and transcripts during the fall or spring semester of their senior year showing the current grade point average and class ranking; however, your school must send an official final transcript as soon as possible after graduation.
- The home school transcript should show the high school courses completed and in progress, explanation of grades, grade point average, and any honors. The transcript should also include the signature of the principal.
- Official college/university transcripts from all institutions attended, if applicable. This also applies to students concurrently enrolled in a secondary school while attending a college/university.
- ACT or SAT test score results – Scores must be sent directly from the CollegeBoard or ACT, or on official high school transcripts.
- Proof that the Texas Success Initiative (TSI)** requirement has been met – Submit official THEA, TASP, ASSET, COMPASS, SAT, ACT, or ACCUPLACER scores or provide proof of a valid exemption from the TSI requirement. Refer to TSI information regarding valid exemptions.
** ALL students must satisfy the TSI requirement prior to participation in orientation or registration.
- International Students (non U.S. citizen nor a permanent resident of the United States; a holder or prospective holder of an F-1 student visa) – Visit UHV's "International Student" website for application process/deadlines and required documents.
Basic Accounting for the Non-Accountant - 9/23/2014
UHV Degree information Session - 9/24/2014
Grow Your Business Online Beeville - 9/25/2014
UHV / American Book Review Reading Series - 9/25/2014
Basics of Facebook and Twitter - 10/1/2014
New UHV Staff Council chair takes reins - 09/11/2014