Talk to an Advisor
At UHV, you are always a name and never a number. Each school has advisors who can answer your questions about classes, degree programs and more. Pick a name from your school or school of interest and give that person a call. The advisor will be happy to help.
If you’re not sure which college is right for you in terms of location, programs, student life, cost and an endless list of other variables, Contact Us. We’re ready to help you. We’ll guide you to the right fit, even if it’s not at UHV.
If you are not sure where to start, contact Denee Thomas, Senior Director, Enrollment Management and Retention at (361) 570-4149, toll free at (877) 970-4848, ext. 4149, or by email at email@example.com.
Additional Information on Advising and Registration
- Academic advising plays an integral part in your success and will be available at each scheduled orientation session.
- Advisors assist with course selection and scheduling
- Advisors can answer any questions or concerns about your first semester at UHV, degree plan and classes.
- You must meet with an advisor before registering for classes.
- During orientation, you will register for your class schedule online through the MyUHV Student Self Service Center in the UHV Computer Lab. You also use MyUHV Self-Service Center to add, drop or withdraw from a class, or to change programs, minors, etc.
- To meet with an advisor before orientation or for questions about classes or TSI status, please make an appointment with Samantha Bell, advising specialist, at 361-570-4184 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Grant Meeting - 5/22/2013
Open House in Victoria - 5/23/2013
Degree Information Session - 5/29/2013
President's Regional Advisory Board - 6/4/2013
Vietnam War Conference - 6/13/2013
Vietnam War Conference - 6/14/2013
Freshman Advising and Preregistration Day - 6/15/2013
UHV SBDC staff members earn global certifications - 05/17/2013
UHV student receives Salute to Nurses scholarship - 05/16/2013