- Consider the Rhetorical Situation
- Generate and Refine Ideas
- Define the Purpose, Consider the Audience, and Develop the Thesis
- Gather and Evaluate Information
- Understand the Difference: Primary versus Secondary Sources
- Understanding Periodicals: Scholarly versus Non-scholarly Sources
- Find and Evaluate Internet Sources
- Draft Your Introduction Includes example introductions!
- Draft Body Paragraphs: Topic Sentences
- Transitioning Within and Between Paragraphs
- Drafting Body Paragraphs: CECC: An Internal Organization Strategy Discusses a paragraph formula designed by Penn State University tutors.
- Organizing Cause-Effect Paragraphs
- Organizing Chronological Paragraphs
- Organizing Compare-Contrast Paragraphs
- Organizing Problem-Solution Paragraphs
- Draft Your Conclusion
- APA Quick Reference Guide, 6th ed.
- MLA Quick Reference Guide, 7th ed.
- Documenting Sources Using MLA Format, 7th ed., An Interactive Presentation with Audio
- Documenting Sources Using APA Format, 6th ed., An Interactive Presentation with Audio
- Chicago Manual/Turabian Manual Quick Reference Guide (PDF 174KB)
- Avoid Plagiarism
- Understanding Plagiarism, An Interactive Presentation with Audio
- Decide when to Quote, Paraphrase, and Summarize
- Know When to Quote, Paraphrase, and Summarize, An Interactive Presentation with Audio
- Learn to Paraphrase
- Learn to Summarize
- How to Quote, Paraphrase, and Summarize, An Interactive Presentation with Audio.
- Practice Paraphrase/Summarize
- Signal Your Sources
- Signal Your Commentary on Source Material
- Global Revision
- Paragraph and Sentence Strategy: Moving From Known (Old) Information to Unknown (New) Information
When you enter the revising and proofreading stage, you may want to check out our resources on grammar, puncutation, and style.
Business Plans Victoria - 7/30/2014
First Steps to Starting Your Own Business - 8/7/2014
Veteran's Summit and Town Hall Meeting - 8/7/2014
Freshman Registration Day - 8/9/2014
Workplace Communications - 8/19/2014
Free SBDC workshop to cover basics of business law - 07/17/2014
UHV’s Ebner named conference SID of the Year - 07/17/2014