In the following exercise, underline or circle the appropriate verb.
- The oranges in your orchard (is, are) large this year.
- John, Sam, and Tom (eat, eats) with me every Sunday.
- A brick house with many windows (is, are) what the family wants.
- Mrs. Brown and her husband (wants, want) to move back to Houston.
- Everyone in the high school band (marches, march) to the same beat.
- One of the cats (has, have) six toes.
- The group (agrees, agree) to take action.
- The jury (has, have) gone separate ways.
- Neither the instructors nor the student (has, have) a problem with the schedule.
- John, as well as the Smiths, (believe, believes) the animal control laws apply to
View the answers to this exercise (A new window will open; close the window to return to this exercise.)
First Steps to Starting Your Own Business - 1/8/2015
Mastering Microsoft Excel Macros - 1/8/2015
Business Grammar Tips, Tricks, & Techniques - 1/9/2015
Museum of the Coastal Bend - Cattle Drive - 1/10/2015UHV Newswire
UHV residence hall recognized for outstanding design - 12/23/2014
UHV fondly remembers Tommie Sue Barrow - 12/22/2014
UHV makes national community service honor roll - 12/22/2014