In the following exercise, underline or circle the appropriate verb.
- The oranges in your orchard (is, are) large this year.
- John, Sam, and Tom (eat, eats) with me every Sunday.
- A brick house with many windows (is, are) what the family wants.
- Mrs. Brown and her husband (wants, want) to move back to Houston.
- Everyone in the high school band (marches, march) to the same beat.
- One of the cats (has, have) six toes.
- The group (agrees, agree) to take action.
- The jury (has, have) gone separate ways.
- Neither the instructors nor the student (has, have) a problem with the schedule.
- John, as well as the Smiths, (believe, believes) the animal control laws apply to
View the answers to this exercise (A new window will open; close the window to return to this exercise.)
Degree Information Session - 9/17/2014
Access to Capital and the CDC/504 program - 9/18/2014
First Steps to Starting Your Own Business - 9/19/2014
Grow Your Business Online - 9/19/2014
Basic Accounting for the Non-Accountant - 9/23/2014
UHV Degree information Session - 9/24/2014
Grow Your Business Online Beeville - 9/25/2014
New UHV Staff Council chair takes reins - 09/11/2014