In the exercise that follows, underline the parallel structures and re-write the sentences correctly.
- Ireland’s mountains are lush, green, and people find them attractive.
- The coast has great seafood, clean air, and the beaches are really pretty.
- Trevor’s eyesight causes him to squint when he reads the paper, and he has to almost close his eyes when he looks at the clock.
- These novels were banned in Europe during the 1940’s and they were burned during the same period.
- That roller coaster goes fast in the beginning, but in the last twenty seconds it slows down.
- Her decision to move to New York reflected her new-found independence and she had a new perspective on life.
- I want to learn how to fly a plane, be a captain of a yacht, and how to speak Spanish.
- Her critique of the play seemed innovative and to challenge us.
- Oliver has great taste in wines and he knows which foods are really good, too.
- The resort has an excellent view of the lake for tourists, a landscaped track for joggers, and a luxurious yacht for people who like to snorkel.
View the answers to this exercise (A new window will open; close the window to return to this exercise.)
Women's Soccer @ University of the Southwest - 11/1/2014
Men's Soccer @ University of the Southwest - 11/1/2014
Spring Schedule Available Online to View - 11/3/2014
Scholastic Book Fair - 11/3/2014
Community of Readers Faculty Lecture Series - 11/3/2014
Pop-N Mondays - 11/3/2014