Correct the following sentences by using the rules discussed in the Comma Use handout.
- Alan announced his "wedding plans", but he didn't specify a date.
- His father, Don, wants to have the ring appraised.
- Donna my best friend should read that novel.
- That envelope needs more stamps because it's so large but I think the mail carrier will deliver it anyway.
- After I water the trees I'll check the flowers to see if bees are pollinating them.
- Nonetheless I think that she's well prepared for the interview.
- That recipe requires cherries apples and oranges.
- He approved the changes on October 12 1998.
- They removed the old paint, and found a beautiful texture.
- She should review her options such as, identifying the right picture or locating a new one.
- Ms. Chantz asked us to open the door which was cracked in the middle as we left her room.
- As soon as it rains we can cut the grass and fertilize it.
- Her flight leaves from Austin Texas and arrives in Colorado Springs Colorado.
- Prices seem to keep going up at that supermarket which is why we no longer shop there.
- Eloise called the hotline, and left a message.
- No one won the lottery last night and next week's jackpot ought to be worth about 20 million dollars.
- Short stories offer a way for us to review an author's work, and see if we like a particular writing style.
- Her concert is scheduled for April 11 1999.
- Ms. Davis the accountant's lawyer said she didn't have time to review outside material.
- Helen's dog, has a rash.
- We need to buy toothpaste facial tissue and cotton swabs.
- The soccer game took over two hours and our players got really tired in the last ten minutes.
- His list of accomplishments includes impressive publications such as, articles in psychology journals and three books published in England.
- The computer's hard drive, crashed during the thunderstorm.
- We wanted to attend the symposium, but couldn't.
View the answers to this exercise (A new window will open; close the window to return to this exercise.)