Correct the following sentences by using the rules discussed in the Apostrophes handout.
- Vinnie left his dogs leash at home.
- Those carts' need to be moved to the front of the store.
- Empty the trash can before you put it's lid back on it.
- Gertrudes voice doesn't sound the same since her surgery.
- Vines' tend to grow over the fountain during May.
- Its important that you rake the leaves before you mow the yard.
- His mother-in-laws attitude towards him is great.
- Childrens' stories fascinate me.
- Womens' history tends to focus on their social achievements.
- Red leaves' are the most beautiful of the fall foliage.
- Jaspers car needs a tune-up.
- Its come to my attention that the exam is tough.
- Jalapenos' can burn your tongue if you're not used to the peppers taste.
- Closed doors' often make me nervous.
- I have seven years experience in manufacturing that product.
- Keep that childs' gloves attached to the coat.
- The color palettes' offered an array of colors.
- The doors lock needs some adjustment.
- His guitars strings should be tightened.
- The books cover enticed me to read the novel.
- Deception and lies' can often end a marriage.
- The concerts main singer will not be able to perform tonight.
- Checkers' is my favorite game.
- The employees cars need to be parked behind the store.
- This years benefit seems much more lavish than last years benefit.
View the answers to this exercise (A new window will open; close the window to return to this exercise.)
November Birthdays Party - 11/24/2014
Pop-N Mondays - 11/24/2014
GBRA & Rep. Todd Hunter - Water Issues Meeting - 11/24/2014
Coed Basketball League - Playoffs @ YMCA - 11/24/2014
Jaguar Activities Board Spring Planning Meeting - 11/24/2014
Testing - 11/25/2014
Free education symposium to focus on health literacy - 11/20/2014