Here you'll find Student Success Center handouts about document design. Document design can be defined as how a writer integrates text, type, and visual aids (e.g., tables, graphs, charts) to convey a message to a reader.
|The following series of handouts, developed by Candice Melzow, former Lead Writing Tutor at the Student Success Center, were written with the "printed" or "hard copy" document in mind, although much will apply to online documents.|
- Choosing Visual Aids for Written Documents Begin here for an introduction to the various types of visuals and the reasons for using them.
- Using Visual Aids: Charts
- Using Visual Aids: Graphs
- Using Visual Aids: Illustrations and Photographs
- Using Visual Aids: Tables
Need information about documentation style? Visit our handouts and resources on Researching and Citing.
FYS Team Meeting - 2/2/2015
Pop-N Mondays - 2/2/2015
5-on-5 Basketball League Week - 2/2/2015
Student Center Vote - 2/3/2015UHV Newswire