FY 2013 Meeting Minutes
March 7, 2013
Chair: Billy Lagal
Vice Chair: Harry Bashaw
Secretary: Mary Field
Representatives at large present: Mindi Gill UHV and Melissa Jersild UHSCR
Cinco Ranch - Melissa Jersild
Sugar Land - Vicki Causey, Kristy Hennessey and Anette Phillips
Victoria - Billy Lagal, Emily Harrison, Mary Field, Sam Bell, Tracey Fox, Magen Besancon, Clint Chovanec, Gabriel Striedel, Mary Gutierrez, Cherlyn Hodge, Connie Rodriquez, Dina Boothe, Mindi Gill, Courtney Geistman, Leticia Briones, Miles Harrison, Tabatha Temple, Amy Hatmaker, Jeremy Shapiro, Vikki Fitzpatrick.
The meeting was called to order at 2:00pm Thursday March 7, 2013
- Incident at Lone Star College has UHV working on an Emergency Notification Plan (ENP) for UHV and the four campuses.
- Question from the city of Victoria to UHV and VC “What would the schools like to see incorporated into the new proposed event center for the city”.
- Two more properties are being purchased by UHV across the street.
UCEC-University System Staff Executive Council
- Harry Bashaw is the 2013 UCEC Chair
- April 22, 2013 UHV will host UCEC
- Listserv link: https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/TXCOMPT/subscriber/new?topic_id=TXCO%20MPT_867
You can add your email to be kept in the loop of UH happenings (was not sure what to call it)
Staff Morale Survey
The survey results just came out and contains a lot of data, a condensed version is in the process of being worked on to be released.
- Andrea Dry reported from Alumni relations that the monthly networking luncheons will be continuing at UHV
- The Alumni office will also start establishing UHV Alumni chapters in Victoria, Katy and Sugar Land
All for One Campaign is still open if you would like to contribute call 361-570-4812
Office of Advancement
Is hiring ______ didn’t catch all of it.
2530 freshmen have applied for Fall 2013 and 995 have been accepted as of this date
- Salary roll out date is 4/1/13, everyone 5/8/13
- Training starts this month and April
The question was brought up is this something UHV wants to continue doing. Responses were that the corporate cup is good for morale and our place in the community.
It was also brought up how we can incorporate more of the staff into the corporate cup.
It was brought up what types of programs can be done for staff for better health and wellness?
Walking trail around campus or maybe discount programs for local gyms?
Billy apologized for the gap from the last meeting to now because he was waiting on a confirmation from a speaker.
He said his plan is to have Staff Council Meetings every other month with monthly emails to keep staff informed.
Jaguar Day Open House - 1/31/2015
FYS Team Meeting - 2/2/2015
Pop-N Mondays - 2/2/2015
5-on-5 Basketball League Week - 2/2/2015UHV Newswire